16 Sep Double Stops on the Violin – Basics
Learning double stops on the Violin is a big step for every violinist.
In the video I break down the different types of double stops, that exist on the violin.
1. Two open strings (very easy)
2. Upper note fingered, lower note open string (easy)
3. Lower note fingered, upper note open string (harder)
4. both notes fingered (hard)
5. Extended grips (very hard)
To start with double stops on the violin you should concentrate on the first two categories in the beginning. Watch the video and you will see, what exercises I recommend for starting with double stops on the violin!